Monday, December 3, 2012

QUIET!

This will be brief. Sometimes it's hard to remember that kids that are noisy are learning and engaged. Depending on the activity, it's not possible to be silent.

Yes, I had another sub at PSOhYes today, for several periods while Ms. Lee was doing some professional development. The sub was nice enough. But.

I had the kids doing a math game that Ms. Lee had left me to review their math facts. It involved groups of four and a ball, and with that structure, they were going to get boisterous, it's a given.

Once the sub had had enough of the noise, she sat on the teacher's chair and yelled, "It's too loud in here! You can play but you have to be quiet."

All the kids looked at me. Of course, I couldn't say anything, but I was thinking, really? You think they can play if they have to be quiet? I don't!


No comments:

Post a Comment