Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Shoes

My student Hannah came to school today looking cute, wearing a new pair of flats. Unfortunately, they were too small and it immediately became apparent that they were hurting her feet. She was miserable by third period, and one of the paras went to see if there were some flip-flops in the building, since it was so warm. 

While she was crying, I remembered that I had a pair of very flimsy flats in my bag. These are the kind they sell at the drug store for women who wear high heels, so they can wear them home when they break a heel or just can't stand it for another second. I had them from my old job, and didn't want to throw them out, so I stuck them in my school bag. They'd been there for months. 

I gave them to Hannah (they were a little big but not too much). She was so happy. The paras told me she was swinging her feet, admiring her comfy shoes and grinning from ear to ear all the way through third period and lunch. 

It's the little things!

No comments:

Post a Comment